Formica Corporation is ready to indulge in the fresh pastels and crisp brights arriving in home and fashion retailers now that Phil had promised an early spring. But with the release of the PANTONE® Fashion Color Report Fall 2013 at New York Fashion Week, our thoughts are already shifting to brisk fall weather.
So what does fall fashion have to do with home design? We'll likely see these colors influence home textiles and accessories - you'll now have a bit of insider knowledge once your start planning fall décor.
The fall 2013 forecast, according to the Pantone Color Institute®, is "a palette of many moods" that range from "sophisticated and structred to lively and vivid, encapsulating our inherent need for wardrobe variety to reflect emotions that run from thoughtfully introspective to irrepressibly elated."
The report notes that Emerald, the 2013 Pantone Color of the Year, will continue to sparkle and will be joined by:
- Linden Green - A yellow toned green that adds lightness and brightness to the deeper shades of fall.
- Mykonos Blue - a bold, meditative blue for a classic and relaxed fall look.
- Acai - a plum full of exotic mystery and richness.
- Samba - a spirited red that brings an expressive and dramatic look.
- Koi - a decorative orange with dazzling and shimmering qualities.
- Vivacious - an unruly and wildly deep fuchsia that adds an ebullient sensuality.
- Deep Lichen Green - a naturally lush shade of green that serves as an anchor.
- Turbulence - a dark mercurial gray.
- Carafe - a rich, glamours brown.
We had a little fun seeing how closely we could "match the forecast with our own Formica® laminate solid colors - you'll see a few of our new 2013 colors made it into the mix!